Many Candidates Vie for Youth Leadership Team
January 10, 2020
Fifteen young women and men are competing for three positions on the 2020 Iowa Pork Producers Association (IPPA) Youth Leadership Team. The competition will be held during Iowa Pork Congress Jan. 22 and 23, and winners will be named at the evening banquet on Jan. 23.
The Youth Leadership Team is designed for those who are passionate about the pork industry. Contestants are seniors in high school or college students up to age 20 at the time of the event. Candidates will be judged on their knowledge about pork and pig production as shown in a speech presentation, personal interview, media interview, experience, and a test about the topics.
The female contestant with the highest score will automatically be crowned Iowa Pork Queen, and receives a $4,000 scholarship, plaque, crown and sash. Two other applicants will become Premier Pork Youth Ambassadors; each receives a $4,000 scholarship and plaque. All three will assist with state pork promotional and educational activities throughout 2020.
Contestants, their hometowns and counties are:
- Abby Bean, Marathon, Buena Vista County
- Alexis Berte, Algona, Kossuth County
- Samantha Black, Nevada, Story County
- Brooke Boyle, Danbury, Woodbury County
- Kylee Brown, Earlham, Madison County
- Ellie Cook, Hubbard, Hardin County
- Paige Dage,l Sanborn, O’Brien County
- Madison Fishback, Washington, Washington County
- Caleb Hogan, Monticello, Jones County
- Ashley Kahler, Cambridge, Story County
- Eric Keller, Gladbrook, Tama County
- Christian Koch, Pierson, Plymouth County
- Macy Loecke, Manchester, Delaware County
- Zachary Riedemann, Calumet, O’Brien County
- Dalton Weeks, Milo, Warren County
Iowa Pork Producers Association
PO Box 71009
Clive, Iowa 50325-0009